The perfect summer cake to be enjoyed for breakfast, coffee/tea time or to bring with you on a picnic and amaze your friends!
vegan | gluten free | refined sugar free
Since apricots are in season now and we have plenty of them in the garden, I created this delicious plant based summer cake: easy, beautiful and healthy.
Prep time: 15 minutes / Baking Time: 50 minutes
VEGAN APRICOT CAKE
vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free
- 400 g fresh apricot cut in half
- 60 g almond flour
- 100 g buckweath flour
- 100 g brown rice flour
- 2 tsp backing powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 130 g coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond milk (180 ml)
- 3 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- TOPPINGS: coconut flakes, coconut sugar, edible flowers
- Preheat the oven 180 degree fan.
- Mix together first all the dried ingredients and all the wet ingredients separately, than combine all together.
- Pour the batter in a baking form with baking paper, put the halved apricots over the batter, add coconut flakes and a sprinkle of coconut sugar on top and bake at 180 degree for 50 min.
- Decorate with fresh edible flowers (like chamomile, daisy and calendula) and enjoy with a cup of your favorite elixir! 💫