For Brain Boosting, Intuition & Creativity
A special recipe developed for THE MEDITATION CLUB.
TASTING AND BEHIND THE SCENES
CACAO – Intuition: This superfood is a bean that makes chocolate but in it’s raw form, it stimulates your intuition. Cacao has minerals and antioxidants as well which can help strengthen your immune system. Dark chocolate also contains magnesium, which helps you de-stress, and it also stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin, which make you feel good and heighten your mood.
BLUEBERRIES – Focus: Any purple plant will help open your third eye. Studies show that blueberries boost “concentration and memory” for up to five hours because “the antioxidants in blueberries stimulate the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain – and keep the mind fresh. Blueberries also contain a “cocktail of anti-oxidants” that have been shown to boost focus releasing dopamine – that’s our motivation neurotransmitter.
WALNUTS – Cognition: Walnuts are rich in alpha-linolenic acid, a plant-based omega-3 fatty acid. Walnuts also possess more polyphenolic compounds than any other type of nut. Both omega-3 fatty acids and polyphenols are considered critical brain foods that may counteract oxidative stress and inflammation, two drivers of cognitive decline. Hence, walnuts could beneficially influence cognition.
HE SHOU WU – Receptivity: This adaptogenic herb is also seen as a spirit tonic: it may help bring out your inner creativity and make you feel more receptive and intuitive.
Prep. Time: 30 min, Refrigeration time: min 2 hours or overnight
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup of pecans, toasted
- 2 cups of pitted dates (approx 12-14 dates)
- 1 tablespoon of HE SHOU WU or THE MIND adaptogenic powder by Animamundi
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 3 cups of wild blueberries (frozen, thawed)
- 1 can of thick coconut cream (no water inside)
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tsp of agar agar powder (vegan gelatin)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (in half)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 200 g Dark chocolate 85 % (better if sweetened with coconut sugar) – Or make your own (melting on a double boiler 1 cup caco butter, 1 caco raw cacao powder, half a cup coconut oil and 3 tbsp of maple syrup)
- Rose petals
- CRUST: Pour the nuts into a food processor & pulse a few times. Add in your dates and the rest of the ingredients and blend until it’s sticky. Press it into a baking pan and place into the freezer until your filling is ready.
- FILLING: Place the blueberries it into a blender and blend until smooth. In a pan, lightly boil your coconut cream, maple syrup and blueberry cream. Take off heat, immediately add your agar agar and stir to combine. Let it sit for a few minutes and then pour over your crust layer. Freeze for 2 hours or overnight. After 30 minutes, when the cream starts to become solid add a few walnuts and cacao nibs on the surface and put back in the freezer. After 2 hours or the morning after, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, and pour the melted chocolate over the blueberry layer, saving some chocolate for the decorations. Put back in the fridge for about 1 hour. Cut into bars, drizzle over the leftover melted chocolate + decorate with rose petals!
- Serve your brain boosting treats straight from the fridge, enjoy cold and tap into your creative power! They keep 5 days in the fridge or longer in the freezer.