Surprise your guests (or just yourself) with these beautiful moon cheesecakes with the delicate flavors of rose and pistachios. They are vegan, sugar free and gluten free. Made just with real whole food.
Food is more than just fuel — it’s also pleasure, celebration and sharing magic moments with our loved ones. And why avoiding desserts when you can have these beautiful, delicious and nourishing cheesecakes that are made just with whole food?
Pistachios and rose water are a beautiful classic duo that makes an appearance in many Middle
Eastern desserts. These wonderful flavors combine perfectly in this recipe, which is super easy to make but will delight both your palate and your eyes!
ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS / Rose water is really good both used externally in your beauty routine (for example as a toner) or internally in your food and drinks. It hydrates the skin from the inside out, leaving it looking plump and healthy. It has anti-aging properties, to help with skin aging by reducing wrinkles, lightening dark spots and tightening pores and works as a mood enhancer, to relieve depression or stress.
Pistachio nuts are not only tasty to eat but also super healthy, they contain healthy fats and are a good source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants. They also contain an incredible amount of vitamin B6, whose properties support healthy brain development and immune and nervous system functions.
You can adapt this recipe and play with different nuts for the base and different cheesecake flavors! Have fun, give them a try and leave a comment with your own favorite combo!
You can find these beautiful moon silicone molds on etsy. Here´s the link!
PISTACHIOS AND ROSE
MATCHA AND VANILLA
Prep. Time: 30 min, Refrigeration Time 6 hours I Makes 6 mini cheesecakes
PISTACHIO & ROSE LITTLE MOON CHEESECAKES
plant-based, refined sugar, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan
FOR THE BASE/CRUST
- 95 g pistachios
- 3 soft big medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
FOR THE CREAM
- 115 g cashew nuts, pre-soaked (at least 8 h) and strained
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp beetroot powder (you can find it online or in the health food stores)
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1/8 tsp raw ground bourbon vanilla bean
- a pinch pink Himalayan salt
- Process all crust ingredients into a sticky crumble in a food processor
- Transfer the dough into 6 little tart pans and press down into a crust along the base and edges
- Put them in the freezer while preparing the cream
- Blend all cheesecake cream ingredients together into a smooth mixture in a high-speed blender.
- Pour the mixture into your beautiful 6 moon silicone molds. (If you don´t have these silicone molds you can just pour the cream over the crust in your tart pans.)
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- The morning after remove the cheesecake crust from your tart pans and put them on a nice plate. Remove the cream layer from the moon mold and top each crust with a little moon.
- Thaw out on the counter a little before eating for a creamier texture. Enoy mindfully and store leftovers in the freezer!